Over the coming years the regions will be investing heavily in the construction of new hospitals or extensions and renovations to existing hospitals. In late 2010, Danish Regions therefore initiated a project on knowledge sharing in hospital construction, aimed at ensuring the systematic collection, sharing and development of knowledge about hospital construction across regions. Where appropriate, the project is intended to create joint regional solutions in the new hospital construction projects.
The project is led by a steering committee comprising:
- Hjalte Aaberg (Region Director), Capital Region of Denmark (Chairperson)
- Ole Thomsen (Director of Heath), Central Denmark Region
- Lone Lindsby (Executive Vice President), Region Zealand
- Jens Ole Skov (Managing Hospital Director), North Denmark Region
- Jens Elkjær (Director of Health) Poul Bisgaard (Head of Department), Region of Southern Denmark
Guidelines for joint initiatives in hospital construction
Under the project on knowledge sharing, the regions identified 10 guidelines for joint initiatives in hospital construction in spring 2011.
Focus areas for developing content in the new hospitals
Under the project on knowledge sharing, the regions identified eight focus areas for developing content in the new hospitals in spring 2011.
Experience exchange groups and networks
Knowledge sharing and experience exchange are not new to the regions. They are already taking place in a number of forums.
Network days on hospital construction
Danish Regions organises regular network days on hospital construction for regional managers and employees working with hospital construction.